Police Union of Serbia
Artcles of Union
Police Union of Serbia (PSS) is a non-profit, voluntary union founded by basic syndicalism.
By this Statute it is declared the purpose of Union, its inner organization, the name, registered office, its field of activity, its symbol and flag, its aims and rules, organization and activity.
Statute as well as other general documents of organization must be taken in accordance with this Statute.
PSS is a legal entity independetly from its President.
PSS is made of its articles defined by this Statute.
PSS is pleading for its members by all means which are completely legal.
PSS is representing the membership, its premises, discussing in the name of their members and protecting its concerns.
PSS has right to organize a stike in accordance with Law.
PSS cooperates with other police unions, national as well as international, and it can also be a member of themselves, in accordance with its rules.
The name of the Union is ’Police Union of Serbia’.
PSS has its personal number, tax identification number and current account.
PSS has its sub-accounts as well.
Sub-account has every organization which takes place within PSS.
Registered office of the Union shall be situated in Belgrade.
PSS has its symbol, flag, hymn and stamp.
Purpose, objectives and principles
The basic purpose and objective of PSS is the promotion and protection of economic, social, professional, cultural and other interests of the membership, the fight of the interests of the Union as whole. Order to fullfil its goals PSS uses all means in accordance with international law and convention.
To achieve its goals PSS may enter into trade union associations and international trade union organizations. PSS operates by principles:
Protection of social rights of its members;
Democratic representation and respect the will of members.
Responsibilities of Trade Union representatives.
Independence from the employer, political parties and religious communities.
Independence of the internal organization of the Union.
The selection and dismissal of their bodies and representatives of trade unions.
The public work.
Trade union solidarity.
Respect for human, civil and trade union rights and freedoms.
Advocating for overall progress of our country.
PSS acts on the entire territory of the Republic of Serbia.
The police union is Serbia and PSS represents the President, or authorized person in accordance with this statute.
PSS member becomes everyone who is employed in the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Serbia, who voluntarily enroll in the PSS signature signup, which accepts the Statute and meets the obligations of Membership.
Members can be regular and honorary.
PSS members can be retired Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Serbia.
PSS members can be responsible citizens who have helped or help trade union.
Regular individual member has the right to:
- enjoy the protection of PSS
- elect and be elected by bodies in the PSS
- gets legal aid and protection
- receive financial assistance in cases of arranged general act
-be informed about the work of the Union
- exercise trade union education
- have better conditions of the procurement and payment of goods and services with which the PSS made the contract.
Regular member of PSS has the duty to:
- follow the statute and principles of software PSS
- respect the decision of the PSS and to participate in all union actions
- help uphold the dignity of PSS work
- actively work to increase the number of members;
- broad awareness of the Statute and the principles of PSS program
- pay regular membership.
Honorary member of PSS has the duty to:
- follow the statute and principles of software PSS
- help work and uphold the dignity of PSS.
Membership in the PSS stops:
On the basis of written statement of a single member of its reconciliation with previous membership obligations, reconciliation of debt to companies with which the PSS made the contract;
That legal paper must sign the PSS President, or a person authorized by it in accordance with this Statute.
Only that paper which is in accordance with paragraph two of this article is considered to be valid.
By arbitrary declaration member dues will be deducted at least 60 days from the date of signing the signup for insight into the balance;
Signing that, with the date of declaration, member has the right to cease the use of rights of art. 9. this Statute.
A member who is arbitrarily left from PSS membership, may not be a member unions at least 1 year from the date of declaration of membership of PSS.
Membership in the PSS can stop by measures of exclusion. Measure is refered to a single member and it can be pronounced in the following cases:
- Actions contrary to the provisions of this Statute and the principles of software PSS
- failing the decision of the PSS, unscrupulous work in the PSS body
- abuse of position, function and statutory authority
- action which causes damage to PSS, and obstruction of the union
- a violation of the principles of union and discipline solidarity
- unjustified payment fee.
Individual member excluded from PSS has a statutory right to appeal to the board PSS.
An appeal shall not postpone the execution.
AUTHORITIES OF POLICE UNION OF SERBIA
PSS organs are the Assembly, the Executive Board (hereinafter referred to UO), the President, Vice President, General Secretary, Supervisory Board and the statutory Board.
Bodies PSS make decision by simple majority of votes (50 +1%), unless the statute is not otherwise provided.
ASSEMBLY OF POLICE UNION OF SERBIA
Assembly is the highest authority of PSS.Its decisions are final and executive for all organs of PSS membership. Assembly of the police union of Serbia:
- adopts the Rules of the Assembly PSS;
- adopts the statute and adopt amendments to the Statute of PSS;
- adopts the principles of programming and program statement of PSS
- adopts the general act of the Union and confirm the general act passed by the Board of Directors
- determines the theoretical and strategic postulates of Union
- confirms the decision on the accession declaration from the trade union or association;
- considers reports on the work of all of the unions between the two sessions of the Assembly
- elects members of the Board of Directors PSS
- elects president of PSS
- elects members of the supervisory board
- elects members of the statutory board
- makes a decision about the termination of the PSS.
Parliament has sovereign right to decide on all issues from the competence of other organs of PSS.
The Assembly may be regular or extraordinary.
Regular Assembly is held once a year, and extraordinary every fifth year of the election.
Regular Assembly calls the President of PSS.
Extraordinary Assembly is convened for the purposes indicated.
Under their need to consider the situation where the trade union no longer can provide the functioning of the Union on the basis of the current statute and the principles of trade union program.
Extraordinary Assembly is convened by the decision of the Board of Directors PSS.
Assembly consists of the presidents of trade union groups PSS.
Assembly works on the basis of the Rules of Procedure of the Assembly of PSS.
Work of the Assembly is headed by President of PSS, or a person authorized by it.
Part of the Assembly may delegate its authority to the Board of PSS Directors.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF PSS
Board of Directors is the executive and operational body that operates between the two sessions of the assembly of PSS.
Executive Board of Directors police union of Serbia:
- President of PSS chairs the session of the Board of Directors.
- Achieves the goals and tasks set by the Assembly
- submits to Assembly a report of the work;
-adopts and implements the organizational and program orientation of the Union
- charges and work of the Steering Committee are defined by special rules of procedure of the Board of Directors.
- passes general acts of the Union, unless the Statute
- makes an annual financial plan;
-adopts the Rules and Regulations of the Governing Board
- confirms new members of the Board of Directors between the two sessions of the Assembly
- appoints and recalls the members of the Management Board of PSS on the proposal of the President of PSS.
- appoints and recalls members of the body
- appoints and recalls the members of the Management Board of PSS on the proposal of the President of PSS -appoints and recalls representatives of PSS in the Committee for negotiations for the signing of collective agreement
- shall be appointed and recalled by representatives of the union associations,legal bodies and other organizations and bodies where is necessary to represent PSS
- makes a decision about forming the Strike Board
- make decisions about warning and protest actions
- bring the platform for collective negotiation;
-make conections with the social partners, other trade unions, union associations, social and international organizations
- considers the annual report of the Supervisory Board of PSS
- brings disciplinary action in accordance with the statute
- grants awards, commendations and the status of honorary members;
- resolves complaints and appeals made on the Board of Directors
- performs tasks that it is within its jurisdiction delegated by the Assembly
- members of the Board of Directors are elected by the Assembly of PSS,on the proposal of the President of PSS.
- members of the Board of Directors, by its function are the President of PSS, PSS Vice President and General Secretary PSS.
-in the Board of Directors of PSS must be a representative of Gendarmerie, of fire units, police brigade Belgrade and Border Police.
- the work of the Board of Directors governs the Rules of Procedure of the Board of Directors, adopted by the Board of Directors.
- Board of Directors has 15 / fifteen / members
-number of members of the Board of Directors may be increased depending on the territorial expansion of Union groups in the PSS
- the number of members of the Steering Committee must be odd.
The term of members of the Steering Committee takes 5 / five / year and the same person can be re-elected.
If, for any reason, a member of the Board of Directors leaves office before the expiration of its mandate, the Executive Board will select new members from the candidates who propose a union group that belonged to the other member of the Board of Directors.
PRESIDENT OF PSS
-represent a PSS in the country and abroad
-President of PSS or authorized persons are authorized to sign and give orders about making transfers of funds from the account of trade union groups to Centrale PSS in accordance with the enforcement policies and goals of PSS.
- convens and chairs meetings of the Board of Directors -coordinates and supervises the operation of PSS;
- signs and concludes collective agreement
- leads executive policy of the Union in accordance with the decisions of the Assembly and the Governing Board;
-coordinates the work of trade union groups
- appoints and recalls the Vice President, General Secretary and members of the Board of Directors
- President represents PSS, PSS is in the media, and may appoint his Deputy for Public Relations
- has the rights and duties in accordance with the Statute .
PSS-President has the right to call a meeting of any organ of the PSS, and PSS Assembly, only in the manner and under conditions established by this statute.
The President of PSS, in the case pointed out the need, and to protect the interests of the Union, has the right to call a meeting of all union groups in the PSS.
Election of PSS is performed according to the choice of the individual candidate, the Assembly of PSS in accordance with the Rules of Procedure of the Assembly.
The mandate of the President of PSS takes 5 / five / year and the same person can be re-elected.
In the event that, for any reason, the President fails to perform its function prior to the expiry of the mandate, the Executive Board will convene PSS Assembly within 60 days from the date when the President left office, resigned, or in writing.
In the period from the date of the special session of the Assembly, the Executive Board will, from their lines, determine the duties of Acting President of PSS.
VICE-PRESIDENT OF PSS
Police union Serbia has 1 / a / Vice President.
Vice President is appointed on the proposal of the President.
Vice President of PSS, PSS replace President in his absence and inability, and in accordance with the Authority that it gives the President.
Performs those tasks that the President transferred from its jurisdiction
Vice-President of PSS is appointed and recalled by the President of PSS.
The term of office of the Vice President takes 5 / five / years, and the same person can be re-elected.
GENERAL SECRETARY OF PSS
Secretary-General is appointed and recalled by the President of PSS.
The Secretary General do the tasks performed by the President transferred from its jurisdiction.
Secretary-General takes control of administration, is about the conduct of the minutes from meetings of the Board of Directors, provides the necessary information during the meeting, provides information and is assistance to any member who asks anything.
Secretary-General coordinates with other trade unions, monitors the entire activities of the union scene in Serbia and gives the report to President of PSS.
The Secretary General takes care of the administrative and technical services, supervises the work of the technical secretary and staff employees in the union.
Board of Directors can be formed by a Technical Administrative Bureau of PSS.
In the administrative-technical Bureau may be employed union members, volunteers and professional people.
Office performs administrative, IT, legal, technical and other opportunities.
Work of Technical Administrative Board Secretary-General of the PSS monitors and reports Secretary-General to the President as well as the Executive Board
The number of volunteers and permanent employees determines the Administrative-Technical Bureau,Board of Directors on the proposal of the President.
The Supervisory Board supervises the use of basic financial and property management.
The term of office of members of the Supervisory Board is 5 / five / years.
Members of the Supervisory Board for its work are resposnisble to Assembly.
The same persons can be re-elected.
Supervisory Board has a 5 / five / members.
Members of the Supervisory Board elect the President of the Supervisory Board.
Supervisory Board reports about the work of the Assembly, and annual report to the Board of Directors of PSS.
The selection and dismissal of members of the Supervisory Board regulates the Rules of the Assembly. Members of the Supervisory Board may not be members of the Management Board of the Union.
The Supervisory Board shall issue rules of the supervisory board in accordance with this Statute. PSS President and Executive Committee have the right to request of the Supervisory Board to carry out control in paragraph 1 this Article, to carry out control in each union group of PSS.
If a member of the Supervisory Board, for any reason, leaves his office before the expiration of the mandate, or be dismissed, and features, PSS Board of Directors elects and appoints a new Supervisory Board of the vacancy, a candidate from the ranks of trade union groups.
The mandate of such an elected member Supervisory Board takes to the first session of the next Assembly.
The Supervisory Board can work and make valid decisions and conclusions, if the session attend at least 3 members.
STATUTORY BOARD OF PSS
Statutory board of PSS interpretes the Statute and other general acts of PSS, prepares amendments to the Statute, evaluates statutory general acts and decisions of the PSS, arbitries in case of conflict of jurisdiction of the PSS, trade union organizations of PSS, deals with complaints made by Statutory board.
Interpretation, evaluation and arbitration Statutory Committee may ask all authorities of PSS, trade union groups and individual members.
The term of office of board members takes 5 / five / years.
Statutory board Members are responsible for the Committee of the Assembly to the PSS, and the same person can be re-elected.
Statutory board has 5 members. Statutory board members elect president of Statutory board.
Statutory committee reports about the work of the Assembly of PSS, and the annual report to the Board of Directors of the PSS.
The selection and dismissal of Statutory Board members regulates the Rules of the Assembly.
Statutory board members may not be members of one or other of the Union.
If the Statutory board, for any reason, leaves his office before the expiration of the mandate, the Executive Board PSS can choose a new Statutory vacancy on the board, and from trade union groups.
The mandate of such an elected Statutory board can be member until the next session of PSS.
Statutory board can work and make valid decisions and conclusions if Statutory board attend 3 / three / members.
PSS Board of Directors decides on matters of disciplinary responsibility of individual members of PSS.
Board of Directors decides about disciplinary responsibilities of the members of the PSS.
Board of Directors, considering the issues of disciplinary responsibility of the Union, may decide that a member of the Union is not a disciplinary offense, or that member of the Union made a disciplinary violation.
If the Board of Directors concludes that the Union is a member of the Board or a disciplinary offense, may be pronounced one of the following disciplinary measures:
- a public warning, which is published on the notice board or bulletin syndicalist
- suspension from the membership up to 6 months
- expulsion from the union
Measure of exclusion from the Union can impose for violations of art.12.of this Statute.
Measure of suspension means that the members of the Union still have rights, duties and functions of trade union for the duration of the suspension.
Member of the Union punished by measure of suspension from membership, the decision of the Board of Directors may be permanently dismissed from PSS functions.
Disciplinary action are executive by decision of the Management Board of PSS. PSS member dissatisfied with disciplinary decision of the Board of Directors, has a statutory right to appeal PSS board.
An appeal shall not postpone the execution.
Disciplinary procedure regulates the Regulation on Disciplinary Procedure, in accordance with this Statute.
In cases where there is a need for immediate protection of the interests of the Union, President of PSS can suspend individual members and member bodies of trade unions to the first emergency session of the Board of Directors, and this suspension can last no longer than 30 days.
If is the Extraordinary Assembly convened PSS because of the blockade of the Board of Directors PSS, the suspension set out in paragraph 1 this Article may last until the special session of the Assembly.
ORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE OF PSS
The basic form of organization in the police union of Serbia is a union group. Union groups are established in all organizational units of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Serbia.
Union group is the basic form of organization in the PSS.
For the establishment of trade union groups, it is necessary at least 11 / eleven / members.
Union group may have, and must not, sub-account of PSS.
Two or more trade union group may have opened a joint sub-account.
The opening of sub-account has to be in agreement with the President of PSS.
When the opening of sub-account of trade union group takes place, the Depository Bank of cardboard that is sub-account opened, must be deposited and have the signature of the President of PSS.
The President of PSS in the case predicted the Statute and general acts of PSS has the right to blockade sub-account trade union groups, and the right to transfer money to the central account PSS .
Union group has its own seal, which is identical to the sea of PSS, with the name of trade union groups.
Union group has a President, Vice President and Secretary.
President, Vice President and Secretary are elected group among themselves by a simple majority.
Revenue sources of the police union of Serbia are:
- Income of special-purpose contributions and membership contributions
- Gifts and sponsorship of donors and supporters
Membership fee is 1% of net monthly earnings of individual members.
Collected redistribution is regulated by special membership act of the union, from the Board of Directors.
PSS property is the common property of all members of the Union.
PSS is indivisible assets except in the case of termination of the PSS.
MEMBERSHIP INFORMATION AND PUBLIC
Informing members and the public of the PSS is a permanent task and priority management of the Union.
Information will be made through the media, the web.
Site, trade union newspaper, newsletter, messengers, leaflets, posters, union meetings and other suitable means.
Police union of Serbia is cooperating with other associations and trade union organizations in the country, as well as social organizations, whose objectives, principles and of the same program or similar to those that represent the PSS.
The decision of the accession to PSS associations brings PSS Board of Directors.
TRANSITIONAL AND FINAL PROVISIONS
Police union of Serbia ceased to exist by decision of the Assembly.
The decision is valid if the vote is 2 / 3 of the total number of delegates of the Assembly.
In the event of termination of the PSS, the property is transferred to the founders, union groups, and individual members, in membership proportion.
Changes and amendments to this Statute shall on the basis of the Assembly Rules of the Assembly.
This Statute shall enter into force on the date of adoption.